Our Christmas was simple but very nice! I was surprised that we enjoyed it as much as we did, considering that we weren't able to go home!
We celebrated Christmas Eve by going to The Melting Pot-a fabulous fondue meal/experience! Chocolate fondue is HEAVENLY and I'm going to make sure we load up on it every Christmas eve from here on out! After dinner, Brooke and Shaun came back to our house and we played Clue and ate more chocolate while the dogs mingled and napped!
Earlier in the day, Ryan and I went shopping and bought a little something to put in the nursery. I painted them green to go with the bedding I made for Sienna. Sadly, the craft store was out of 'N's and it was only by a miracle that we found one on the wrong aisle in the wrong spot. We'll have to go back for a 2nd 'N' another time.

Christmas day, we woke up to a spectacular view from our balcony. We've had a very rainy, foggy December-I think it's rained atleast once every day! It's been depressing, but there was nothing depressing about this!

We made Strawberry Crepes and bacon for breakfast and then got down to business opening gifts. I think my favorite of all was this little entry way shelf to hang coats and keys on. My husband knows me well :) I also got this beautiful clock and new drinking glasses, a gift card to Barnes and Noble (thanks Beth!), one red place setting (for use on birthdays and special occasions), shampoos that smell good enough to eat, the movie "Home Alone", a very pretty "P" made of metal to hang on the wall, and a huge money counting jar! I might be forgetting something, and if I am, sorry! There was so much!


Ryan's presents were less picture worthy. He got a bunch of clothes, books and movies that he'd asked for and some he hadn't (including some fatherhood books). This DVD was from Amberly and Beau and you can see how excited he was. Christmas brings out a little boy in him :)
The puppies were spoiled, too. They had bacon for breakfast, pig ears for lunch and lots of pupperoni inbetween!
Christmas night we went over to Brooke and Shaun's, ate bread bowls and carrot soup (there are no words to describe the deliciousness!), cranberry bread and sparkling apple cider. We played a little Rock Band-didn't do too bad on the easy level!- and watched Ironman.
I wish Christmas came more than once a year!
5 comments:
We really missed you two for Christmas this year. But we are already looking forward to next year when there will be more little ones around to spoil! It looks like you had a very nice Christmas anyway. Sometimes the quiet ones are the most memorable.
I'm glad you and Brooke at least have each other out there. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. :) I wish we all lived closer so we could see each other more often, especially around the holidays.
You are making me hungry with all the fondue talk! I too wish we were closer...:(
You may have eaten at the "Cheescake Factory HAHAHA" But We had Christmas with your family HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! How do you like them apples!
Does your red plate have "You Are Special Today" on it? We totally had that plate when I was a kid! Sounds like a fun Christmas. I love Christmases at home.
Post a Comment