
As some of you know, since I've been pregnant I'm weird about food-buying, making AND eating it. So Ryan's been giving me a hand in the kitchen (actually, he's been doing the shopping as well. Husbands are great!) and last night he made something that HAS to be passed on. It was SOOO doggone good, I wish we were having it again tonight! Here's the recipe:
French Dip Sandwiches
1 large onion, sliced and seperated into rings
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 14-oz can beef broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme, marjoram, or oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp black pepper
12 oz thinly sliced cooked beef (he got roast beef from our local deli)
4 French-style rolls, split
In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter until tender. Stir in broth, thyme, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add beef. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 more minutes or until beef is heated through.
If desired, toast rolls. Temove beef and onion from liquid. Arrange on rolls. Serve with dished of leftover broth mixture for dipping.
Chelsea, this is a good one!
1 comment:
That's funny, we just made those! I used a beef roast and shredded it, yummy!
Post a Comment